[email protected] – +55 11 99160-1760
Chief Executive Officer / Country Manager role
crafting a vision – building alignment – championing execution
Leader with a learner & growth mindset generating unprecedented growth and market develop- ment across LATAM for 20+ years.
Founded two subsidiaries (among them Straumann, medical devices and diagnostic equipment) as well as a scientific organization (ITI – www.iti.org) in Brazil. Achieved market leadership, out- pacing global competitors, with 45% market share. Led local and remote teams of 170 associate to achieving double digit growth for 16 consecutive years.
M&A: Played an integral role in the acquisition of Brazilian market leader Neodent, increasing sales by $75M. Formulated and implemented the new go-to-market strategy and directed the ex- pansion across LATAM, with $100M sales (Brazil) respectively $40M (LATAM), opening hubs in Mexico, Bogotá and Buenos Aires.
Extensive expertise in strategic planning, start-ups, M&A, leadership of subsidiaries, distributors and franchises. Implemented a digital workflow, enhancing customer experience and loyalty. De- veloped a high-performance culture with cohesive teams, established long-term partnerships, strategic alliances and improved corporate reputation.
Built on the inter-dependence of the ecosystem’s stakeholders (science, technology, medical pro- fessionals and KOL’s), supporting advanced education and engaging medical professionals.
• New Business Development
• Leadership, building cohesive teams
• Business Strategy and Marketing Strategy
• Coaching and talent development
• Strategic planning with entrepreneurial mindset
• Big picture when crafting a vision yet attention to detail in execution
• Strong research and analytical skills
• Collaboration and teamwork
• Full multi-site P&L ownership
• Excellent interpersonal Communication
• Negotiation skills and contract reviews
• Decisive yet inclusive
Victorinox, São Paulo, Brazil – Consumer products
Restructured the subsidiary and achieved significant market development, positioning the brand in the premium segment, leading a team of 45 associates and 20 free-lancers.
• 55% growth in e-commerce, implementing digital marketing campaigns: SEO, Google ads, programmatic media, social media and influencers.
• Built up the sales and marketing team, achieving double digit growth in retail, improving merchandising and focusing on marketing activities to enhance sell-out.
• Double digit growth in Corporate Business, implementing a new sales funnel.
• Increased market share watches, outpacing Tissot, partnering with retailers.
• Developed a cohesive Lead Team with clear roles and responsibilities, built on trust, commitment and accountability to achieve common goals.
• Opened a new distribution center, implemented a new ERP system and SOP’s. Increased efficiency and improved consumer rating for service and technical assistance to “excellent”.
• Directed the first Sales Conference, presenting the new business strategy.
• Accounting internalization: Developed a new finance team, increasing competencies. Conducted the first audit and solved past accounting and tax problems.
Straumann, São Paulo, Brazil – Medical Devices (global leader in dental implants)
Founded Straumann Brazil and the Brazilian ITI Section. Achieved market leadership in the premium segment (55% market share with Straumann) and in the total market (45% market share through the acquisition of Neodent). Played an integral role in the acquisition of the Brazilian industry leader Neodent with $75M in revenues, creating significant value for the Straumann Group.
Founder and Chief Executive Officer & Head of Sales LATAM 2000 – 2016
Led local and remote teams of 170 associates to achieving double digit growth for 16 consecutive years, representing Net Sales growth from zero to $100M (Brazil), respectively $40M (LATAM). Implemented a new business strategy and a digital workflow, enhancing customer experience and loyalty, building new partnerships and strategic alliances.
Key achievements (start-up phase)
• Developed talent and built a strong cross-functional team, centered on staff engagement, through crafting a vision, building alignment and championing execution.
• Developed a cohesive Lead Team, inspiring purpose, trust, commitment and accountability.
• Participated in fairs, enhancing engagement and training of medical professionals.
• Founded and led the Brazilian scientific ITI organization (www.iti.org), which gained status as the country’s most influential association in implant dentistry, consisting of 1.500+ members.
• Identified KOL’s and organized Study Clubs developing a large network of engaged dental professionals.
• Obtained and maintained product registrations and sanitary licenses.
Key achievements (growth phase)
• Consistently outperformed global competitors, increasing sales from zero to 100.000+ implants (organic growth with Straumann) respectively 1M implants (non-organic growth with Neodent).
• Investment in coaching and training of Lead Team paid off.
• Conducted market surveys that led to a new strategy, addressing competitive and changing market dynamics.
• Supported over 120 post graduation courses in Universities and Dental Associations.
• Organized conferences with international keynote speakers attended by 1.000+ participants.
• Implemented the digital workflow, launching diagnostic and CAD/CAM equipment, reducing treatment time while improving collaboration between surgeons, GP’s and laboratories, enhancing customer experience and loyalty.
Key achievements (M&A phase)
• Identified M&A targets and coordinated the acquisition process among the stake holders.
• Participated in the negotiation, due diligence process and incorporated sales and marketing departments.
• The successful acquisition of the Brazilian market leader Neodent created a major global competitive advantage, additional revenues, savings in OPEX and taxes, while enhancing customer experience.
• Formulated and implemented the new go-to-market strategy for LATAM region.
• Achieved double digit growth rates, directing the expansion across LATAM, leading cross-functional teams, opening hubs in Mexico, Bogotá and Buenos Aires.
• Directed the first LATAM congress in Bogotá.
• Compliance: Recognized as one of the first subsidiaries to establish SOP’s.
Bally, São Paulo, Brazil – Luxury footwear
Founded Bally Brazil, the regional hub in Latin America. Coordinated the opening of a flagship store and 10 luxury franchise stores, ensuring full alignment among teams and stakeholders.
Founder and Chief Executive Officer 1996 – 2000
Implemented a new go-to-market and marketing strategy in Latin America. Defined objectives and KPIs. Strategic planning, Sales management, merchandising with full P&L responsibility. Developed remote teams in different countries.
• Increased Net Sales from zero to $12M+.
• The Brazilian stores ranked #4 and #12 among 250 stores worldwide (sales/m2).
• Developed the group’s first Franchise Manual.
• Organized the group’s first Franchise Conference in New York.
• Directed the grand opening of São Paulo stores with 1.000+ participants.
Sales Director LATAM Bally Switzerland and USA 1994 – 1996
Assistant Sales Manager Bally Switzerland 1990 – 1993
Logistic Coordinator Bally Switzerland 1984 – 1990
Education & Credentials
Master’s degree in Marketing Handelsschule, Aarau, Switzerland 1992 – 1994
Business Administration Kaufmännische Berufsschule, Olten, Switzerland 1981 – 1984
Work of Leaders John Wiley & Sons
Becoming a cohesive team Pierre Salamon
Executive Coaching Dorsey Rocha Consulting
Improving leadership for better results Dorsey Rocha Consulting
Challenger Sales CEB Challenge Yourself
Great Leaders, Great Teams, Great Results Franklin Covey
Orchestrating Winning Performance IMD, Lausanne
Presentation techniques Teacher’s conference
The 4 disciplines of execution Franklin Covey
The 7 habits of highly effective people Franklin Covey
German, english, portuguese, spanish and french.