Route Wilhelm-Kaiser 6, Fribourg 1700, Switzerland
+41 76 766 45 64
[email protected] • linkedin.com/in/iasminqueiroz/
Brazilian lawyer. Born on June 6th, 1997. Single. Currently livingin Fribourg, Switzerland, under a legal residence permit status.Available to travel and open to relocate on a global level;flexible to work across global time zones. I’m interested in alegal internship to my knowledge and skills into practice as anadvanced LL.M candidate in International Contracts andArbitration at the University of Fribourg.
BRAZILIAN BAR ASSOCIATION (2019 – PRESENT)
- Active member of Brazilian Bar Association with good standing (State Bar number 15.440),
- Active member of the International Relations Committee,
- Deeply involved in organizing international matters conferences and participating in opendebates to discuss international law.
AMAZONAS STATE COURT OF JUSTICE (2017 – 2019)
CIVIL LAW DIVISION
- Mitigated judge’s workload by reviewing and evaluating legal documents.
- Updated office database, prepared, and filed court documents and records.
TRAFFIC & INFRACTIONS DIVISION
- Wrote depositions for cases, handled witnesses’ statements, conducted legal research, andreviewed + 800 case files.
- Assisted judges during hearings by assessing files and taking notes.
- Acted as a mediator/conciliator in consumer and civil law mediation hearings, aiming to maximizethe agreement rate between plaintiffs and defendants.
- Managed mail, agendas, correspondences and office documents.
STATE OF AMAZONAS CENTER FOR HIGHER EDUCATION STUDIES(2019)
FAMILY AND CIVIL LAW DIVISION
- Assisted weaker parties, conducted legal research and document review.
- Collected information and prepared documentation relating to both litigation and non-litigationmatters.
ADVANCED MASTER OF LAWS, LL.M. CANDIDATE
INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS LAW WITH A MAJOR IN INTERNATIONAL CONTRACTS AND ARBITRATION
UNIVERSITÉ DE FRIBOURG, SWITZERLAND
2021 – 2021.
BACHELOR OF LAW, LL.B.
STATE OF AMAZONAS CENTER FOR HIGHER EDUCATION STUDIES
2014 – 2019.
GPA: 5.2 out of 6.
SUCCESSFUL NEGOTIATION: ESSENTIAL STRATEGIES AND SKILLS
2021 – UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN
INTERNATIONAL LAW IN ACTION: THE ARBITRATION OFINTERNATIONAL DISPUTES
2020 – LEIDEN UNIVERSITY
SPECIALIST IN BRAZILIAN FAMILY AND INHERITANCE LAW
2020- 2021 – IBMEC SÃO PAULO FACULTY
ENGLISH FOR CAREER DEVELOPMENT
2018 – UNIVERSITY OF PENNSYLVANIA
- PORTUGUESE (NATIVE);
- ENGLISH (ADVANCED):
Browns English School, Austrália.
- FRENCH (HIGH- INTERMEDIATE):
ILA French Standard Course – Montpellier, France
Université de Fribourg – Cours de langues – Niveau B2
- SPANISH (INTERMEDIATE);
Prime Linguist Course of Brazil
“Fake News: analysis about the need of criminal liability on the fake news dissemination conduct” published at
LEGAL RESEARCH PROGRAM (PIBIC)
Legal Research Project entitled: “System of Precedents as approximation of the Common Law in the Brazilian Code of
Civil Procedure” presented in XXVIII Scientific Conference in 2019
CASA VHIDA – ASSOCIATION TO SUPPORT CHILDREN WITH HIV
Manaus, Brazil, 2020
Providing information to the public
SUPPORT GROUP FOR CHILDREN WITH CANCER (GAAC)
Manaus, Brazil, 2020; Fundraising and workshopvolunteer